Remember my challenge from last week? Have you tried something new (or even enjoyed something creative that you normally do)? Has it spurned any creative juices for your marketing? Maybe you've had fun with the creative part, but when it comes to the marketing part, you're stumped.
Today I want to show you how use that creativity to truly engage your audience through your marketing copy.
Sit down. Are you ready? Close your eyes and and imagine ONE client. This could be someone you have loved working with in the past. This could be you a few steps ago.
Walk in their shoes for a day and answer these specific questions:
1. What is keeping him/her up at night (Pain point)?
I always ask my private clients this question, and here's some examples that they have given me:
Emotional eater: Fear of being overweight, sluggish, tired and uncomfortable for the rest of their lives.
Flight attendant: She is not waking up refreshed. She is dragging.
New parent: Their baby is not sleeping well and they are going crazy.
2. How specific can you be? Can you take the detail up a notch? What scenarios can your describe?
While the above examples are good, I always encourage them to get MORE specific. We dive into the details - like this:
- Her clothes don’t fit right and are old and frumpy – not stylish at all (mom clothes! Drab colors!)
- She is not comfortable with herself, her wardrobe, the way she looks in the mirror.
- She prefers to stay in on a Friday night because she would rather not deal. She hiding out from life.
- She is sleeping in different bed every night.
- She had a late night flight and then an early morning flight.
- She went out and had fun the night before but now needs to be alert in the morning.
- She can't concentrate at work because she is so sleep deprived.
- She is resentful towards her baby and not bonding like she wants to because the baby is crying all the time.
- She almost had a fender bender with the baby in the car because she was not alert, and it really scared her.
3. How will he/she feel when it is all better (Pleasure point)? What will that look like?
Now we need to get out of all that pain and describe how their client will feel when that pain is taken away. We need to describe how much better their life will be (and again, being super specific):
- She feels fit, toned, flexible and strong.
- She feels stylish and takes pride in her appearance.
- She feels like being more engaged in social situations and feels like going OUT in life!
- She is feeling rested, confident and centered - ready for anything.
- She is energetic and alert.
- She’s appreciative for this glamorous life that is full of travel and freedom.
- She can better function at work and is more able to cope with the demands of a new baby.
- She can truly bond and enjoy her baby during awake times.
- She can begin to lose the baby weight because she is rested and can actually focus on eating right (instead of reaching for the cookies).
Pretty simple, huh? And here's the best part:
These descriptions can be used for ALL of your marketing language - for your launch and beyond!
Yep - this exercise gives you SO MUCH content to pull from for your emails, your social media and more. And here's the thing. It works.
But it helps to have a sounding board. It's great to dive deep and get crystal clear with your descriptions in a "marketing jam session" with your launch coach, which is why I am so excited to offer:
What To Say In My Launch 2-hour VIP Intensive
Knowing what to say to them by using their own words, understanding scenarios where they are struggling and being able to relate to them on a personal level is KEY to making them feel like, "She is talking directly to me!"
I invite you to jump into this private VIP Intensive where we’ll get those creative juices flowing TOGETHER to get into the mind of your ideal client.
We’ll get crystal clear and descriptive with exactly what is going on for him or her.
We’ll then craft your custom voice and messaging for you to use in your own copywriting.
When you truly understand your tribe and what their troubles are – in a super tangible way – they will want to buy from you!
This 2-hour VIP option is a done-with-you service where I’m here to help you get clarity and provide my magic marketing feedback. You’ll leave with
- 10 new blog or newsletter topics to use for your launch - (or in getting your feet wet in just THINKING about a launch!)
- 5 new ideas on how to use social media to get more people to engage
- Clarity on how exactly to relate to your tribe
so you can eliminate the overwhelm and be empowered to write in a way that works for you.
This is the very first step in my brand new signature Get Launched system. I'm on a mission to empower YOU to attract your ideal tribe and I'm breaking it down for you in easy-to-do, digestible steps.
Are you ready?
What To Say In My Launch 2-hour VIP Intensive
Your investment: $497
And, for 4 more people who enroll in this intensive in November:
You will receive a free 30-minute "Am I saying this right?" review session from me after the intensive.
To describing the perfect scenario to your ideal client,
P.S. Take advantage of this VIP Intensivenowand receive a complimentary 30-minute "Am I saying this right?" review from me after our intensive.